Am 21.12.2011 02:58, schrieb Matthew Brush:

And maybe add an hidden option in case ppl actually like the GTK feature?

It's actually a *GNOME* feature that crept into GTK+. This seems to be a pattern lately that makes me very sad. I guess they think because their target users are idiots that everyone that uses GTK+ in their program has the same target users.

But it's in GTK, and it'll behave that way everywhere where GTK is, no? I.e. on non-Gnome DEs. So how's that a Gnome-only thing? Unless GTK has a "if (gnome) {}" code path?

Best regards.