On 12/30/2011 10:26 AM, David Gomes wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm working on a project that uses VTE, and since GNOME crew wasn't so
helpful, I was wondering if you did anything particular to allow Ctrl-C
to kill the current process in the terminal of Geany. Was it default or
did you have to create that custom key binding?

Thanks.

Use the source[1] Luke!

P.S. Geany is probably the only VTE program for me (including my own) where Ctrl+C doesn't do what it's supposed, instead it clears the VTE (which is wrong) and then freezes (which is especially wrong). So you might have better luck looking at the source for GNOME-terminal or Xfce-terminal which both just kill the processes and return immediately to the same prompt.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/src/vte.c#L322