On 12-02-25 04:29 PM, Michael Hall wrote:

On 02/25/2012 06:00 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

2) Is this a general-purpose change or a patch that only should be in
Ubuntu? I mean, I don't know of any other distribution using Unity so
I'm not 100% sure this should be applied "upstream"...

To my knowledge Unity has been successfully ported to both ArchLinux and
OpenSuse, and is in the process of being ported to Fedora as well. It
may not be as popular outside of Ubuntu, but it does exist in other
distros, so I'd rather get this upstream where everybody can benefit.

IMO, it's fine to add it as long as it doesn't cause any issues with non-Unity desktop environments. Have you tested it in Xfce/KDE/GNOME/etc. by any chance or are you pretty sure it won't harm?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush