On 12-07-10 11:20 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:41:46 +0300
Axel <apeka1...@gmail.com> wrote:

I believe there is a usability flaw in Geany - opened documents' list is
saved only if you exit the editor in 'traditional' way (by clicking exit
button or so). It's completely lost, if the process's killed. This was
irritating for me, as I tend not to close every program when shutting down,
but rather push the 'shutdown' button and get them all killed - and get the
list of opened documents lost.

There is a X11 session management patch on Geany sourceforge patch
tracker. Applies against 1.22, but not the newest svn. Not guaranteed
to work under GNOME, they always have problems with session support.
Won't ask you to save any modified files under Xfce, xfsm is buggy too.

I pushed it to a "sm" branch[1] on the git repo just now. I haven't really tested it much but it builds and runs fine after a very trivial fix of the Makefile (and wscript) files.

It might get more usage/testing/experimenting in a branch on the main repository compared to the sf.net tracker.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany/tree/sm