Am 14.07.2012 12:39, schrieb Lex Trotman:
On 14 July 2012 20:21, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.mart...@student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
Am 14.07.2012 04:20, schrieb Lex Trotman:

On 14 July 2012 07:07, Sean Felipe Wolfe <ether....@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to be able to have 2-3 columns of tabs and be able to drag +
rearrange, something like Eclipse's draggable tab setup -- one of the
few things I like about Eclipse.

I assume this is non-trivial ... how horribly difficult would it be?
Multiple columns/rows of tabs, how hard can it be?

@#&* hard, AFAICT you will have to change GTK, not Geany.

Note drag re-ordering already works.

Cheers
Lex

Can I at least have multiple sidebars with tabs being draggable between them
(or make the message window a sidebar) ? :)
Hi Thomas,

Well, tabs are part of the GTK notebook that the edit window is in, so
to put them in a sidebar you would be re-implementing part of GTK,
maybe instead look at making the document sidebar re-orderable instead
of sorted?

I didn't mean document tabs. I meant the symbols, files, etc tabs in the side bar which should be draggable to a second sidebar on the right (basically split the current sidebar into two with the editor in the middle).

Best regards.