On 12-09-09 09:36 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
Hi All,

Its about that time of year when we have our annual discussion on
separating session data from config/project data :)

By session data I mean the list of currently open files and MRU list.

I guess it could support some other stuff too like window/find dialogs geometry/position, active tab, position within the file, etc.

[...]

The number of session files can be left to grow like weeds, or can be
trimmed to a (configurable) maximum number deleting the oldest when
needed.

Could add a "Tools->Purge Session files" or something if they're left to grow like weeds.

This proposal isn't about a proper session management capability,
there isn't one that works on enough platforms to be worth including.

Any thoughts welcome.

Generally I think it's a good idea, would be interested in testing some implementation(s).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush