My point is reducing the disk usage on the server while keeping some important emails locally. What I'm asking is the possibility of deleting an email on the server but archiving it locally (in geary's database). Probably this is the issue to watch:
http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/5338

Now I see that the subject I chose for this thread is unclear.


Il ven, nov 15, 2013 at 8:22 , Jim Nelson <[email protected]> ha scritto:
No, we don't have a ticket for that. We do have a ticket for Geary deleting local emails that are older than a certain amount of time, but that's just to contain the size of the local database. (http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/6073)

Are you suggesting a feature where Geary deletes email on the server that is older than a certain date? (I'm wary about an automatic-deletion feature like this.) Or would it be sufficient that you could have a view that showed all your email and you could manually delete old ones?

-- Jim

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Federico Bruni <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all

I've recently moved from Gmail to an account which uses dovecot server. Is it possible to remove from the server the emails older than, say, a month and of course keeping them locally? The server which offers the service is not Google :-)

I couldn't find any open ticket on the tracker, but maybe I'm missing the right keywords.

Thanks
Federico
_______________________________________________
Geary mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geary
_______________________________________________
Geary mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geary

Reply via email to