Hi all,

Good news -- I just called USPS at the Portland Oregon airport, and they
do take lizards as long as the animal is not over 20" long.  You need to
call first so USPS can make sure they have a plane going that can take
them that day.  And of course you need to take the package to the post
office.  But workable!!

I have shipped with them a few times (next day delivery) and had good
results.  The only thing they did was misroute a package once, and it
got there a day late, but then they refunded the shipping charge.  The
gex were fine, fortunately.  But I did decide to use longer-term heat
packs.

Melody