Hi TQ,

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried that, but the ants did not go for it. They seemed very agitated, so maybe just didn't care about food at the time or didn't discover it. But they did leave on their own, though it took a while. Interesting -- I had a bunch of eggcrate pieces in there as usual, and the ants and crickets did not mix. If ants were in one hump, there would be no crickets, and vice versa.

Thanks,
Melody

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Melody,
  I have had the same problem.  What I did was get a glass jar with screw on lid- took
a nail and poked holed in the top from the outside of lid in- put some sugar and a
little water in the jar, screwed the lid back on, and placed in cricket cage- the ants
were able to get to the sugar, but the crickets were not.  after all ants were in the
jar, I fed them off to a horned lizard.
TQ

Hi all,

I got my cricket order today, and the box sat on the front porch for a couple hours. When I picked it up, it was covered in ants, the little black kind. A lot more were inside the box. I kept it outside and emptied it into a plastic tub, and since the ants can climb the plastic a lot have left. But there are still a bunch in the eggcrate. They don't seem to be attacking the crickets or anything, but I don't want to bring the ants into the house. Anybody got any good ideas on how to get them out?

Thanks,
Melody
--
Hartley Enterprises, Inc.