Well my town was hit by the southern edge of the eye,
but we never got directly inside the eye. There's a
lot of damage to the trees and vegetation, but not
much structural damage. A few miles north it was worse
and the further north you go, it was much much more
devastating. My area wasn't even hit hard and the next
town north still doesn't have power. No damage to my
house except a roof leak and blown out patio screens.
However, Sep 4th, the day Hurricane Frances landed on
Florida was my 18th birthday! Not the ideal bday
party. That day I also found a baby webfoot gecko had
hatched. Of course I dubbed it Frances.

Thanks for the concerns,
Robert Gundy