Thanks Tony and Lyle. I am going to see if I can access the paper in the lab.
It should be some interesting reading. Michael

>===== Original Message From tony gamble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Michael,
>Bearded dragons have sex chromosomes, a ZZ/ZW pattern similar to birds and
snakes, but recent work has shown that high incubation temperatures can
reverse genotypic males (that is, embryos possessing ZZ sex chromosomes) into
phenotypic females.  Much of the recent sex-determination work coming out of
Australia suggests a continuum of sex-determining mechanisms rather than a
strict dichotomy between genetic and environmental mechanisms.
>Crazy stuff.
>Tony
>
>Michael Hance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >Gender-Bended Lizards. Scientists in
Australia found warmer
>>temperatures caused baby bearded dragon lizards to change from males
>>to females while still in their eggs, making it harder for them to
>>find mates. Trippy. [ABC AU]
>>
>>AlterNet: Environment: Top 100 Ways Global Warming Will Change Your Life
>>

>>Lyle Puente
>>Global Gecko Association
>>http://www.gekkota.com
>

>Are bearded dragons known to be TDSD? I wonder if anyone who breeds them has
>experienced this when incubating at high temps.
>Michael
>
>Michael W. Hance M.S.
>Ph.D. Candidate / GRA
>University of Tennessee Knoxville
>Department of Pathobiology
>Molecular Cancer Analysis Laboratory
>VTH Lab#307A
>Lab Phone 865-974-5834
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.