Hi Kurt,
I never used perlite for crested gecko eggs, but the beauty of it is that the
water isnt really retained in the perlite.
It runs to the bottom away from the eggs. So as long as there is some water at
the bottom you are good.
I wouldn't mist for fear of wetting the eggs.

I always allow for a small amount of air circulation too.
I use tupperware type containers with a few pin holes in the lid.

I always like vermiculite. Thee bigger chunks worked well for me.
Best of luck with your eggs

Lyle

Lyle Puente
mybrothersbanned.com