From: gecko-ad...@lists.gekkota.com [mailto:gecko-ad...@lists.gekkota.com]
On Behalf Of Melody Hartley
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 1:14 PM
To: gecko@lists.gekkota.com
Subject: Re: [gecko]GGA Forum & Website

Hi all, especially Julie I think...

I would like to see the statistics for the website, especially if we
have kept a history.  I have trouble believing it is a heavily
trafficked site now, but I could be wrong.  It would also give us a
background and something to aim for in getting more traffic with an
updated site, which often translates into new members = $$.  Just like
the money, it's best to know just where we stand.

Thanks,
Melody

On 3/28/2011 7:31 AM, Jon & Stacy Boone wrote:
> <<<  As pitiful as it is, the GGA website is a heavily trafficed site.
Statistics say it's one of the top Google and yahoo referals for "geckos".
It's been there for so long.  It's was set up very well for webbots to find.

> I wonder what people refer to for?  There is very little info.,
> resources, updated stuff, etc.
>

> Perhaps the original site can be maintained independently, but IMHO
> needs to be completely rebuilt.  It is not only outdated, but looks
> even more so than it actually is.
>
> Jon

group/company.  Search engines look for websites.

> Just like Repashy Super Food there are two parts.  One is Repashy's
website.  The second part is the forum. They link.

www.forum.rephasy.com  <http://www.forum.rephasy.com>   They are linked.

> Putting all the GGA Website content onto the forum and dropping the
website = does not make sense.

> Note:  the domain name gekkota.com is paid up for five years.
>
> As pitiful as it is, the GGA website is a heavily trafficed site.
Statistics say it's one of the top Google and yahoo referals for "geckos".
It's been there for so long.  It's was set up very well for webbots to find.

> --
> www.geckoranch.com  <http://www.geckoranch.com>
> Serving the gecko community since 1993
Board of Directors