Christopher Beland wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 22:01 +0100, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
>> Hm, I would incline to a switch to the standard dialog, mostly because the
>> current code is hard to maintain. I will have to think about it. Any other
>> opinions?
>
> Actually, I think the benefits of both speed and standardization can be
> had if the standard find-a-folder dialogs were as fast as the geeqie
> ones.  I think the thing to do is file an enhancement request against
> the standard code with the particular use case where they are not fast
> enough, and provide whatever assistance with achieving that which we are
> able.

I had considered that, but I guess I'm just sort of jaded, since the usability
of the Gnome file selectors has been steadily decreasing for the past few
years.
  That's just my personal opinion, though, and by all means I should file a bug
against it.

That said, is there any actual problem with Geeqie's file selectors as they
stand, other than that they're non-standard?

--xsdg