Hello Vladimir

> - add new panes
> - star rating
> - GPS pane (using http://blog.pierlux.com/projects/libchamplain/en/)
> I would prefer if these panes were contributed by somebody else, to
> verify
> that the API is easy enough ;)

I'm glad you mentioned libchamplain, otherwise I probably would have not
known about it. This is a really useful function. I use the external
editor facility to run a shell script which passes a file's GPS
parameters to a slightly modified version of the GTK demo file provided
by Pierre-Luc Beaudoin. This pops up a window with markers showing the
GPS locations of the photos - pretty basic, but really that's all I
need. <http://www.pierlux.com/>

When you mention API, do you mean the libchamplain API - which is quite
straightforward. Or are you referring to Geeqie? I took a look at the
source, and it seems to me to be very complicated to add another pane to
the sidebar. Is there a quick-and-easy way to add another pane?

Thanks

Colin Clark..