On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 09:23:04 +0100,
Laurent Monin <z...@norz.org> wrote:

Klaus> As you might read[0], gitorious was bought by gitlab and
Klaus> announced to get closed end of May.

Klaus> Now we need to decide where to find a new home for the project.
Klaus> Personally I do not like gitlab, however, that is my own
Klaus> attitude. I think, that a company that is buying a other product
Klaus> just to kill it would be no good home for us.

Laurent> what's wrong with Github ? Personnally, i always thought
Laurent> Gitorious was far behind, and for sure gitlab isn't a good
Laurent> choice.

Laurent> Github is used by tons of well-established open source
Laurent> projects, it is reliable and convenient for developpers.

But:

1. Github code is proprietary,
2. I hate the "Web 2.0" interface.

I guess for me, the fact that everybody else uses something is not a
good enough reason.  Indeed, if it were I would probably be writing this
on a MacBook ;-)

What's wrong with Savannah? :-P

Local Variables:
mode:claws-external