Hi,
I could take part in porting Geeqie to C++1x if it is decided to do so.

I've been using different kinds of C++ (98/2003/201x) for more than 10
years. I believe the fundamental thing why C++ is better than C is C++
destructor and all the automatic actions that can be taken in it. It
is very convenient for a programmer. Sure, C++ has much more than just
that.

While porting to C++1x it is good chance to make Geeqie more
cross-platform. But it seems Gtk is becoming (has become) an auxiliary
tool for the "GnomeOS". And some of the well-known projects was/is
migrating from Gtk. Maybe we should consider Qt instead? Anyhow, I
guess it's more correct to talk about re-implementation than just
port.