On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Piotr Stanczyk
<piotr.stanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for adding ...  Any thoughts on adding 16-bit floating point
> support?  You could then consider using the RGBA interface ...

The op already supported Y, YA, RGB and RGBA - but all only with 32
bit floating point support. If support for half floats were to be
added this would have to be added to babl, either as an extension or
to the base of babl (the latter probably makes most sense). Looking at
the additional data types added for CIE Lab could act as inspiration.

I do however think having support for half-float exr is less important
than 32bit float so this is a great start in itself :)

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/