Hi.

I am new to this forum and have some technical and performance related
questions that I have not been able to completely figure out reading the
documentation at the home page.

- The main idea of gegl is that you can build up graphs of nodes and that
you decide when to process the graph. You are also able to specify a region,
scale and output format. To get the best performance I guess that cropping
and scaling is done early in the process stage. Correct? And is this true
for all operations? Cropping should not be a problem but can imagine that
scaling may cause problems for operations like filters there you have to
adapt the filter to get the same effect as for a none scaled image.

- If a graph is processed and an operation is added to the graph I guess
that when reprocessing the graph the cache of the previous rendering is
used. This means that only the new operation is processed. But what if you
have rendered the graph using different scales and regions, do you have
separate caches for different render options?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards
Patrik Östman