On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Nicolas
Robidoux<nrobid...@cs.laurentian.ca> wrote:
> Quick note:
>
> Adam knows tons more about object oriented programming (in C) than I
> do. So, even if I write something stupid, don't assume that HE does
> not know what he's doing.

Strong and silent doesn't really work in terms of being involved with a
development community. The students should be strongly encouraged to involve
themselves with our development community on the mailing lists; or if not there
at least on the IRC channels. The technical - code - achievements probably will
be greatly helped by direct communication. Communication by proxy might work
for some of the project specific technical questions, for the general
programming and architecture related issues it doesn't.

The students need to get involved in direct communication or we might have to
fail them at the midterm.

/Øyvind K
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/