*Lihat juga *: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBZHdbfuFtw

dan : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3gG5Gi-3r0

http://time.com/4850745/istanbul-turkey-opposition-rally/

Turkish Opposition Leader Ends 25-Day March With Istanbul Rally

Jared Malsin <http://time.com/author/jared-malsin/>

Jul 09, 2017

Addressing huge throngs of people at a rally in Istanbul on Sunday, the
leader of Turkey’s mainstream opposition, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, issued a
thunderous demand for an end to an ongoing government crackdown under
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

The rally represented the largest public display of opposition to the
clampdown Erdogan's government since he survived a failed military coup
attempt nearly a year ago. More than 47,000 people have been detained since
the government suppressed the attempt seize power by a faction of the armed
forces on July 15, 2016.

“This is the era of dictatorship. This is the era of 1940s Germany,” said
Kilicdaroglu, addressing a huge throng of demonstrators at a parade grounds
along the Sea of Marmara. “With this rally we witness that we are not
alone. Each one of us represents hope,” he also said.

Kilicdaroglu spoke at the rally after walking about 280 miles from Ankara
in protest of the crackdown which has lead to the arrest journalists,
academics, and members of parliament. Kilicdaroglu set out from the capital
on June 15, a day after a member of parliament from his Republican People’s
Party (CHP) was arrested, joining at least 11 other opposition lawmakers
who have been detained in recent months.
Related

After marching through the Turkish countryside
<http://time.com/4848693/turkey-justice-march-istanbul-erdogan/> for more
than three weeks, Kilicdaroglu arrived in Istanbul on Saturday leading a
throng of thousands of protesters. The protest raised fears of a
confrontation when the crowd arrived in the city, but there were no signs
of violence. Police had provided security for Kilicdaroglu and the
protesters during their long walk from Ankara. On Sunday, Kilicdaroglu
chose to walk alone on the final stretch to the rally.

“'I reached the end of my walk, but this is not the end. It is the
beginning of a new era,” he said, speaking to a cheering crowd that chanted
“Hak, hukuk, adalet!” (Rights, law, justice!) Though it was organized by
the CHP, the organizers of both the march and rally eschewed party
insignia, instead distributing signs reading “adalet,” justice. The crowd
waved Turkish flags.

Kilicdaroglu has been criticized in the past for failing to organize a
credible opposition to the crackdown in the aftermath of the July 15 coup
attempt. However, his march across the country captured a piece of Turkey’s
national political conversation. The demonstration in Istanbul was a show
of force for Turkey’s mainstream opposition, and CHP supporters were
heavily represented in the crowd. The protest also attracted support from
members of the broader Turkish public.

“I want justice for everyone in this country. I want justice for my
children,” said Saime Zirik, 55, as she stood in in the afternoon sun
awaiting Kilicdaroglu’s arrival. She said she had been unable to find work
for five years.

A populist leader who has dominated Turkish politics for about 15 years,
President Erdogan is a deeply polarizing figure, equally loved and hated by
rival political camps within Turkey. In recent years, he has sidelined
other leaders within his own party and moved to restrict political
opponents. The coup attempt led to an acceleration of the clampdown,
including the closure of dozens of news organizations and the firing of top
military officers and tens of civil servants.

In April, Erdogan also won a disputed victory in a referendum on a
constitutional overhaul to replace Turkey's parliamentary system of
government with one dominated by a powerful presidency. The government
argued the changes were needed to impose stability, while the opposition
denounced it as a power grab. The vote itself was also marred by widespread
claims of fraud. The referendum marked another step in a larger struggle
over the future Turkey's democracy.

In his speech on Sunday, Kilicdaroglu issued a list of demands including
freeing the judiciary from the influence of the ruling party, releasing
journalists from prison, and greater prosperity for all Turkish citizens.
He did not articulate a specific plan to achieve those goals, and even some
of the protesters in the crowd expressed skepticism about whether the
demonstration would result in concrete changes.

“Unless Erdogan says ‘yes,’ nothing will change in this country,” said a
60-year-old teacher from Istanbul who also stood in the crowd. She asked
for her name to be withheld, for fear that she could lose her job for
publicly criticizing the government.

The number of demonstrators at Sunday's rally was a matter of dispute, as
CHP officials claimed that more than two million people attended the
protest in Istanbul's suburban Maltepe district. The Istanbul regional
government placed attendance at 175,000. Turkey's official Anadolu news
agency reported
<http://aa.com.tr/en/turkey/turkey-chp-march-reaches-final-day/857717> that
15,000 police officers had been deployed to provide security.

Regardless of the turnout, some members of the opposition left the
demonstration energized.

“I feel like I'm more hopeful for the future. I feel like a new person
now,” said Fahri Gokdal, 61, a retired civil servant who came to the rally
from the town of Burhaniye, about a five-hour drive south of Istanbul.

Kirim email ke