>    There's several different things I can see as the "right" thing to
> do in this situation, but I'm sure what it's doing right now isn't it.
> First, we could say this sort of thing (params overwriting each other)
> is illegal, and we throw an error when it happens. This seems the most
> reasonable since you'd probably have a hard time even setting the hidden
> version in python. The other version, which at least would prevent wild
> dangling values, would be to initialize both versions of the parameter
> according to their defaults.

Rick Strong just found this bug last week, and he just committed a fix
for it.  I agree that we need to catch this, and I'm personally in
favor of raising an exception in the case where one value shadows
another.  The other option (initialize all values) would be much more
difficult and doesn't seem worth it.  Can you add a flyspray task and
assign it to me?

Thanks,
  Nate