I'm close to the point of sending messages between APICs, and I was
thinking about the semantics of how I actually want to send the message.
I need to know the specifics of a few properties of the memory system in
order to be sure it will work. First, if I send a bigger message, is it
possible it'll be split up before getting to it's destination? Second,
if it is split up, is there any guarantee of ordering? Third, is there
any easy socket style mechanism to send a bunch of bytes to one location
(a bunch of small, sequential writes seems fairly clunky), or would I
want to write into a buffer and then somehow signal it was all in there?
I've allocated a page of memory space for each APIC so they have a space
to send each other messages. I suppose a fourth concern if the buffer
approach is used is that multiple APICs could compete to write into the
same portion of the APICs page unless it was further divided into
regions for each sender.

Gabe