> There are two major problems with using the DmaPort. First, I'd want to
> send the interrupt -now- not when the DMA queuing latency, etc gets used
> up. Second, DmaPort will fragment a packet which, while maybe necessary
> in some cases, will break the atomicity requirements for the interrupt
> messages and might even make the parts of it get there out of order.
> While it may not -normally- fragment the message, if it does things will
> be broken. I would rather not use something where such a large portion
> of its functionality is either not needed or counterproductive.

Yes, you want to send the interrupt now, but in the real machine there
is a propagation delay and things will have to arbitrate for the
system bus.  Nobody has dedicated interrupt pins anymore.  So, it is
much more realistic to use a DmaPort.  Also, as Ali said, the DMA port
will only fragment if it is longer than a cache line.  We can add some
sort of flag to a request that says "Don't Fragment" that will raise
an assertion if somethign wants to cause fragmentation.

  Nate