I thought that we had agreed to always use braces for control structures
(for, if, while, etc.) since that makes it easier to add/remove lines
without worrying about adding/removing braces too.  I don't see it mentioned
either way on the coding style page, but I know I've developed the habit of
using braces unconditionally based on my recollection of that decision.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way; the #1 thing is that we
should agree and get it down on the wiki page so that these style updates
converge rather than oscillating.

Steve