Alpha's root bridge is the Tsunami stuff.  You're going to need to add
the equivalent for x86.  I'm not sure about how the pci devices should
be set up (other than the bios does do that for you if you want to use
what it gives you), but you might want to fix the root bridge problem
to see if that fixes the ide thing.

  Nate