I have a few more comments.  (Steve caught the major ones)
-- Please don't commit random whitespace changes as this makes
following history more difficult.  If you just review your diffs,
they're easy to spot.
-- Please include commit messages with your patches.  (The -m option
to qrefresh can be used to add them.)
-- You don't need to put "# -*- mode:python -*-" at the top of files
that end in .py.  You should put them at the top of SConscript and
SConsopt files.

If you are willing to make your patches available in a repository
somewhere, I'm sure that we could help you clean things up.  (I can
take care of copyright stuff).  I'd also like to change the name from
mixie to inorder.  Those are two things I can do if you give me a few
hours to own your patches.

  Nate