You'll notice the 12345 part in the line.  That means load that when
you're in one of those init levels.  Thing is, I think that with the
way we boot, you may still be in S (single user).  So, what ali says
is probably necessary (the console= line).  Doing a higher value like
115200 means that it will print at that baud rate which means that
characters will appear faster.

  Nate