> What a coincidence... I've never really looked at this code before about 4
> hours ago.  Brad and I were wondering where Stats::dump() gets called, and I
> poked around and found src/python/swig/stats.i, and the first thing I thought
> was "shouldn't this really go in src/base/stats?"  I was going to send an
> email to you about it later this evening.

heh.  I guess it's not so striking since I'm working on cleaning up
stats as we speak.  I hope you haven't done too much hacking.  I have
a tested diff that I could push soon if you want, but this diff mostly
finishes off a lot of cleanup that I was in the middle of that should
also make things a little bit clearer, though there is still work to
be done.

>> Along these lines, should I rename .i files to
>> .ii to indicate C++?
>
> Does it really matter?  Is that a swig convention?  If not, I'd say don't
> bother.  It's not like there's any plain C code that we wrap.

No, it oesn't matter, but if I'm doing a rename anyway, now would be
the time to change this.  Then again, I thought that scons would know
.ii, but it doesn't so I guess it's not worth it.

> I think it's fine the way it is... it is a little asymmetric since we don't
> have a "c++" directory, but I can deal with that.  "lib" is a little too
> generic I think.
ok.

  Nate