> The m5 binary on the disk image that we distribute doesn't support the
> pin command. You'll need to compile it yourself. Additionally, I don't
> believe libc on the disk image supports sched_setaffinity (needed by
> pin). This is something we need to fix, but it unfortunately involves
> distributing a new disk image to everyone and updating a bunch of
> regressions. You can easily make a new disk image by starting with a
> gentoo image or you can copy the libc* and libstdc++* from one of the
> cross compilers on the m5sim.org website onto the disk image (you
> might need to make the actual image bigger to do this).

Maybe we should just bite the bullet and do this.  If we do, I think
we should probably deprecate any stuff we don't like in the m5ops
stuff.  My inclination is to just generate a new disk image with
gentoo 2008.0, recompile the binaries and move them over.  Does anyone
have a problem if we do this?  Does anyone know if/when a 2009.0 is
supposed to come out?  Should we wait for it?

I will probably be a many weeks before I could have time to do this,
but it may at least be good to have a plan of attack so we can do the
right thing when the time comes.

  Nate