[responding on m5-dev since it's a better place to deal with this.]

> 1) How can I build a fast libm5?  i.e. with a -O3 compile flag
Just replace libm5_debug.so with libm5_opt.so.  There's also
libm5_fast.so that has all of the debugging stuff #ifdef'd out.

> 2) What's the best way to add multiple protocols to the regression
> tests, so that all ruby related tests are run for each protocol?
> Somayeh is almost done with MESI and we need to make sure it's tested.
I don't have a mechanism for that yet, but I will work on getting
something together as soon as I can.  Basically, the right thing to do
is have a RubyMemory for each protocol compiled into the m5 library.
Then add a protocol= parameter to the SimObject to pick the protocol
that we want.  To do this correctly requires some SCons magic to
compile things multiple times, each with a different protocol.  So we
can link all of them in at once though, we'll need to add something
like namespace PROTOCOL { } around everything (where PROTOCOL is the
#defined protocol name.  Does this make sense.  Anyone have better
ideas for how to do this?  Steve?

> 3) Somayeh still doesn't have an svn account to check in changes.  Can
> you take care of that?
I'll try to do that tonight or tomorrow.

  Nate