It could be an issue with gcc 4.2.4 not properly handling the "no return"
attribute in some cases... that being a bug that's fixed in 4.4 would
explain why it works for you.  That's just speculation on my part though.
 Does anyone else have any experience with this?  Does the error go away on
4.2.4 if you put the dead 'return' statement back in the particular place
that it's complaining about?

Steve