Hi Nilay,

Yes, that is correct.  There is a comment at the top of the file:
src/mem/ruby/network/topologies/Mesh.py which says that very thing:

"# Makes a generic mesh assuming an equal number of cache and directory cntrls"

The function ensures that only the number of dma controllers is not a multiple
of the number of routers.  If you know of a better way to handle this, please
let me know.

Brad