Hi Nilay,

Please excuse the slow response.  I've been meaning to reply to this email for
a few days.

Absolutely, we will need to maintain some sort of list of all cachememory and
directorymemory objects to make the functional access support work.  However,
I'm not sure if we'll need to modify the protocol python files.  Instead, could
we create a list of these objects through their c++ constructors similar to how
the SimObject list is created?  Also, I know the line between the RubyPort and
Sequencer is quite blurry, but is there a particular reason to push the
functional access support into the Sequencer?  It seems that the RubyPort would
be a more natural location.

Brad