I went digging through our SCons files today, and it occurs to me
that the two main files, SConstruct and src/SConscript, are quite long
and intimidating. They tend (as far as I could tell) to be split up into
sections which is very helpful, but there's still a sea of text and it's
easy to get disoriented and hard to get a high level idea of what's in
there and what it's all for.

    Does anyone have any objections to breaking those files into several
smaller ones, likely similar to how they're already grouped into
sections? SCons supports a site_scons directory which automatically gets
added to the python path and where you can put extra utility source
files. That seems like a good place to spin sections off into.

Gabe