Hi Brad,
Don't you think this is a misnomer and instead should be called
"request_latency:" , "request_latency_IFETCH", and etc.? I think this is
what is really being measuring anyway: the request latency from when a
request leaves the cpu sequencer and then eventually finishes.

But if you are going to say a stat is "miss latencies" and it encompasses
both hits and misses, I would think that's a bit paradoxical. Do you agree
there or do you think "miss latencies" fundamentally implies hit latencies
as well?

(As far as tracking miss latencies based off machine type, thanks for the
tip. In the short term, since I just care about L1 hits/misses, I think I'll
be able to just say "if miss_latency > L1_latency" in my local tree)

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Beckmann, Brad <brad.beckm...@amd.com>wrote:

> Sure, it is recording all miss latencies, including L1 cache hits.  And
> yes, those L1 hits will show up in the first bucket.  However, I don't see
> how that is a bug.  If you don't want to include L1 hits in the histogram,
> then look how the MOESI_hammer protocol tracks separate miss latencies
> depending on the responding machine type.
>
> Brad

- Korey