> Making it not work that way would likely be very painful. The parser part is
> finicky (like they all are in any language) and we have lots and lots of
> very intricate code built on top of it in the form of the descriptions
> themselves.
Perhaps we should talk about it on the phone.  Making it so that you
have an AST and then processing the AST should be a pretty easy
operation.  I'm looking at what you have and I don't see why it should
be difficult at all.  That said, the question is, is the AST enough to
generate the files that you want.  I bet it is, or could be with minor
modifications.

I have a fair amount of experience using ply now and I think I can help you out.

BTW: your trick for ##includes is not necessary.  I can improve
grammar.py so that you can do things like #include within the lexer.

  Nate