Brad, in the token coherence protocol, the l2 cache controller moves from state O to I and sends data to the memory. I think this particular transition is may pose a problem in enabling functional accesses for the protocol. The problem, I think, is that both the directory and the cache controller are in stable states even though there is data travelling in the network. This means that both the controllers will allow a functional write to go ahead. But then the data will be over written by the value sent from the l2 controller to the directory controller.

My understanding of the protocol implementation is close to \epsilon. I think this is what I observed today in the morning. Do think this understanding is correct?

--
Nilay