Srini,
  kudos for making per-core DVFS work!  A quick head¹s up: we are also
working on (per-core) DVFS support and are just polishing those patches
for consumption, should hopefully have them ready within a week or two.

On the main question, I have no hard opinion, but wonder what the
reasoning is for either.  The OS should cope with the core being woken up
spuriously, maybe check the run queues and go back to sleep if nothing has
happened.  Likewise, on the HW side, it depends.  Some systems might do
DVFS of a remote core, some need to run code on the core that is to be
DVFS-ed (obviously requiring wakeup).

HTH,
  Stephan

On 23.03.2014 14:26, "Srinivasan Narayanamoorthy" <narayanam...@wisc.edu>
wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have implemented a per-core DVFS in gem5, mimicking an on-demand
>governer. My question here is if the cpu is in quiesce state(TC is
>suspended) while DVFS routine is scheduled, should I wakeup() the
>suspended TC?.
>

>Similarly while doing a drain and switching to a different cpu model,
>should the suspended TC be explicitly woken up?
>

>I am doing both in my implementation and nothing has broken so far. But
>am wondering if it is actually done that way.
>

>Thanks
>Srini

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782