Hi Azadeh,

I'm not certain what the problem is. However, you don't have to use the O3
CPU to "restore-with". That option is the CPU that is used during
checkpoint restore, not the CPU used once checkpoint restore is complete on
the main simulation. To choose which CPU to use for the main simulation use
--cpu-type.

How did you come to the conclusion that the system didn't load the
cjpeg.rcS file? Did you look at the terminal output of the system while it
was running the main simulation (after restoring from the checkpoint)?
Another thing you can do is restore with and without a script and connect
via m5term (see gem5/util/term) and double check the guest system is in the
state you expect.

Cheers,
Jason