Hi Jasmin,

12.04 is pretty ancient too, it's over 4 years old now!

Either way, from what I hear, it's pretty easy to compile your own kernel
and get it to run on gem5, for both x86 and for ARM. However, I don't have
any direct experience. I expect you would probably need to modify the
config file to remove devices not supported by gem5 and you would want to
compile all of the drivers into the kernel (not as modules). You can
probably use the config for the 2.6.X kernel as a starting point.

Hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.

Jason