Hi,

The file is in latest gem5 repository:

http://repo.gem5.org/gem5/file/8bc53d5565ba/configs/learning_gem5/part1/simple.py

There's a gem5 repository and an stable repository.

http://www.gem5.org/Repository

The file we're talking about is in gem5 repo. Not sure what's your current-gem5
repo.

Thanks,

Oscar Rosell - Metempsy

---- On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 12:41:27 +0100 Uma S <umasuji...@gmail.com>wrote
----

Hi,

 I had posted a question on 2016/08/30 with the subject, Stuck at "initiateAcc
not defined!"

As per Mr.Jason Lowe-Power's advice, I now tried with current-gem5 instead of
stable version.
But I could not find (./configs/learning_gem5/part1/simple.py) link in the
internet?
What am I missing here?
Actually, I had downloaded the "simple.[y" file from

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~david/courses/cs752/Fall2015/gem5-tutorial/_downloads/simple.py

link provided in the tutorial.

I did hg clone to latest gem5 version and did update and merge steps. I used
the
above said simple.py file as found in the attachment . But still getting that
error.

Kindly help.
The screen said,.....

suma@suma-G31T-M:~/g51/gem5-stable$ build/X86/gem5.opt -d /home/suma/g51out/2
configs/tutorial/simple.py

gem5 Simulator System. http://gem5.org

gem5 is copyrighted software; use the --copyright option for details.

gem5 compiled Aug 30 2016 18:29:26

gem5 started Sep 9 2016 16:48:27

gem5 executing on suma-G31T-M

command line: build/X86/gem5.opt -d /home/suma/g51out/2
configs/tutorial/simple.py

Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second

warn: DRAM device capacity (8192 Mbytes) does not match the address range
assigned (512 Mbytes)

0: system.remote_gdb.listener: listening for remote gdb #0 on port 7000

Beginning simulation!

info: Entering event queue @ 0. Starting simulation...

panic: initiateAcc not defined!

 @ tick 74000

[initiateAcc:build/X86/cpu/static_inst.hh, line 272]

Memory Usage: 586312 KBytes

Program aborted at cycle 74000

Aborted (core dumped)