Hi Pierre and Sharjeel,

I think there might still be some functionality in Anastasia’s GIT repo that
hasn’t been merged. The patches I posted a few months ago were mainly
addressing the configuration problem.

At the moment, I don’t think Ruby will work at all if you try to use it with
ARM. The reason is that the directory controllers in in Ruby assume a flat DRAM
address space starting at address zero. This is a bit problematic for the
ARM-based platforms gem5 simulate since DRAM typically starts at a the 2 GiB
boundary. You could try to apply [1] to the latest version of gem5 to get to a
state that is similar to that of Anastasia’s repo.

As far as I know, there are still quite few outstanding issues that prevents
Ruby from properly simulating an ARM guest. Some of these are outlined in my
original email.

Cheers,
Andreas

[1] http://reviews.gem5.org/r/3578/