From: "Andreas Hansson" <andreas.hans...@arm.com>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 10:37:48 AM
Subject: Re: [gem5-users] ScratchPad Memory(SPM) Simulation

Hi Simon, Marcos,

In general you should not need anything beyond “vanilla” gem5 (Marcos, correct
me if I am wrong).

If you connect a NonCoherentXBar to the data or instruction port of the CPU,
and then use this xbar to connect both to the cache and a SimpleMemory instance
of your choice you can create a topology where you have an “ITCM” and “DTCM” as
part of the CPU. It is really mostly an exercise in using the existing building
blocks, and configuring the memory ranges as you want them to appear to the OS.

You will also have to sort out the SW side of things, and that is probably the
more painful part. Again, Marcos can probably give you more insight here.

In short, I do not think you need anything beyond the existing gem5, but I
stand to be corrected.

Andreas