From: gem5-users [mailto:gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org] On Behalf Of Jason
Lowe-Power
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 8:48 PM
To: gem5 users mailing list
Subject: Re: [gem5-users] Ubuntu, booted on gem5, is not syncing the
file-system?

Hi Somnath,

By default the disk image is created as a "COW" or copy-on-write image. Thus,
all changes made to the disk are made to an new copy that is deleted when gem5
exits. If you want your changes to be permanent you need to modify the way the
disk image is created and use a raw disk image, not a COW image. It should be
clear from the code what to change.

Jason

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 1:15 AM Mukherjee, Somnath