Average Network Latency has just been renamed to Average Network Flit Latency
since Garnet2.0 also reports the Average Network Packet Latency.

Please take a look at the gem5 wiki for a detailed description of garnet1.0 vs
2.0.
http://www.gem5.org/Garnet
http://www.gem5.org/Garnet2.0

I’m not sure what validating one against the other means.

Garnet2.0 uses a 1-cycle router by default so the network latency is not
expected to match that from the original garnet1.0 paper which assumed a
4-cycle router as the default.
You can mimic a 4-cycle router in garnet2.0 by setting --router-latency=4 (look
at configs/network/Network.py) but it will not match exactly.

Cheers,
Tushar

On May 24, 2017, at 6:11 AM, F. A. Faisal