Hi Everyone,

We are happy to invite you all to the gem5
workshop<http://gem5.org/ARM_Research_Summit_2017_Workshop> [1] at the ARM Research
Summit<https://developer.arm.com/research/summit> [2]. The ARM Research Summit will
take place in Cambridge (UK) over the days of 11th-13th September 2017. The gem5 workshop
will be a full day event, running in parallel with the main program, on the first day of
the Summit.

The gem5 workshop will be an opportunity for everyone to learn more about gem5
and meet some of the most active contributors in the our community. The aim for
the workshop is to demonstrate some of gem5's advanced features and how to
apply them in your research.

The ARM Research Summit is an annual academic summit to discuss future trends
and disruptive technologies across all sectors of computing. The Summit
includes talks from the leaders in various research fields, demonstrations,
networking opportunities and the chance to interact and discuss projects with
members of ARM Research.

= When =

gem5 Workshop: 11th September (full day)
ARM Research Summit: 11th-13th September

= How do I register? =

See the main summit page<https://developer.arm.com/research/summit> [2]. Early
registration end on the 7th July and standard registration ends on the 13th August.

= Can I contribute? =

Yes! We can still accommodate a shorter talks (15 min including questions). Let Andreas
Sandberg (andreas.sandb...@arm.com<mailto:andreas.sandb...@arm.com>) or Nikos
Nikoleris (nikos.nikole...@arm.com<mailto:nikos.nikole...@arm.com>) if you have an
interesting gem5-related project you would like to present.

= Program Highlights =

We are still finalising the program, for an up-to-date version, please see the
workshop web page<http://gem5.org/ARM_Research_Summit_2017_Workshop> [1]. Here
are some of the high-lights:

* ARM Research: General introduction to gem5
* Workload automation and best practice
* Trace-driven simulation of multithreaded applications in gem5 (ElasticSimMATE)
* Modeling Cache Coherence with gem5 (Ruby)
* Modeling Cache Coherence with gem5 (Garnet)
* SystemC integration
* Power modelling using gem5

Best regards,
Andreas