Hello All,

I have been following Part-II of Jason's Book, where we create a simple
MemObject. In the code, our Debug flag prints out the Address of Each
Memory request in the from.

"Got Request for Address", pkt->Address.

I created my own binary (not hello world) and using it as a process.cmd. In
my binary, I am printing out the address of a variable (using printf). When
I run this binary in GEM5, without any debug-flags, GEM5 successfully
executes and My binary prints out the address of variable. This address
remains same in multiple execution runs ( I compiled the binary as static).

However, when I run the binary with debug-flags=SimpleMemobj, I was
expecting that CPU will generate the request for the same Address where my
variable is. But I never see my variable's address at all in

"Got Request for Address", pkt->Address.

Is the CPU not fetching the variables in my binary at all? if yes, than how
come my binary is executing in GEM5?.

Muhammad Ali Akhtar
Principal Design Engineer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/muhammadakhtar