Hi Heron,

To create a CC-NUMA system with Ruby you should be able to "simply" change
the interconnect latencies in your on-chip network. This can be done by
modifying the python configuration script for the Ruby protocol you are
using.

Unfortunately, the details of the cache hierarchy and the interconnect
topology are confusingly integrated in the python configuration files. You
may find my book's chapter on configuring Ruby helpful:
http://learning.gem5.org/book/part3/simple-MI_example.html

In fact, most Ruby topologies are "NUMA" since there are different paths
from each CPU to the directories (which are the memory controllers).
Specifically, as long as you're not using point-to-point or crossbar it
should be NUMA. However, the built-in topologies are probably not the exact
cache hierarchy/topology that you want to simulate.

Jason

Jason Lowe-Power
Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
University of California, Davis
3049 Kemper Hall
https://faculty.engineering.ucdavis.edu/lowepower/