Hi Ciro,
I am using the image and kernel provided from the gem5 website, see the
command line below. Not sure how to check the gem5 version, but I
downloaded it 3 months ago.

build/X86/gem5.opt configs/example/fs.py --disk-image=linux-x86.img
--cpu-type=X86KvmCPU --kernel=x86_64-vmlinux-2.6.22.9

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 8:19 AM, Ciro Santilli <ciro.santi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What is your image, kernel, gem5 revision, full gem5 command line, are
> there any terminal messages.
>
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 2:43 AM, Ryan Wang <ryan.jb.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I was trying to use x86KvmCPU, and got a panic in the beginning of the
>> run: panic: PerfKvmCounter::open failed (13)
>>
>> I saw that there are some patches from Jason that should solve a
>> different error seen by some others, which I don't think related to this.
>> I have kvm enabled in my machine and I can run qemu in kvm mode without
>> problem.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any clue of which part I
>> could have missed?
>>

>> -- info: KVM: Coalesced MMIO disabled by config.
>> warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 2
>> warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 3
>> warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 4
>> warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 5
>> warn: x86 cpuid family 0x0000: unimplemented function 6
>> info: Entering event queue @ 0. #1. Starting simulation...
>>       0: system.cpu: Attaching cycle counter...
>> panic: PerfKvmCounter::open failed (13)
>> Memory Usage: 4490108 KBytes
>> Program aborted at tick 0
>>
>> Your help is appreciated.